Who doesn’t like to be beside the seaside? If your little one brings sunshine into your life, a great way to celebrate their first birthday is by throwing a beach party.
We’ve dug up some excellent ways in which you can host a terrific seaside celebration.
If you’re on the lookout for even more wonderful first birthday party ideas, head over to our extensive list of themes for one-year-olds.
You’ll be pleased to hear that you don’t have to get all sandy to host a fantastic seaside bash. With a few paper cut-outs and streamer paper, you can bring the magic of the sea to your living room or party venue.
- Package includes:comes with 16 rolls of crepe paper streamers in 8 assorted colors, including white, blue, green, yellow, red, rose red, purple and orange, multiple colors to fit your different themed...
2. Food and drink.
A trip to the seaside wouldn’t be the same without some delicious fish and chips. So, for the older children and grown ups you could rustle up some of these adorable miniature snack cones. Alternatively, keep it simple with some themed finger food.
- Packet of 100 black and white newsprint design chip cones suplied with 100 chip shop forks
3. The cake.
The main event is, of course, the birthday bake. We personally love this sandcastle cake, but you could also opt for a few cupcakes decorated with seaside characters. Why not collect real shells from the beach, wash them and add them to the base of your cake for an authentic touch?
- 24 Edible Shells - Fondant Cupcake / Cake Toppers
Get everyone to come dressed for the beach, in shorts, hats and flip flops. Otherwise, ask guests to come dressed as their favourite sea creature, whether that be a mermaid, shark or surfer. Be sure to have some accessories to hand, such as sunglasses or a beach ball, for those who forget the dress code.
5. Venue ideas.
The brave option would be to head down to the beach. But, with a one-year-old in tow, this perhaps isn’t the best option. If you have enough space, your garden would be the ideal place to host this do. You could fill a paddling pool up and really go to town with the seaside theme. Nevertheless, your living room will suffice, especially if the party is planned for the colder months.
- 45" diameter inflatable paddling pool
6. Party games and activities.
The possibilities are almost endless when it comes to party games and activities at a beach party. Again, get the paddling pool and sandpit out – this will allow for hours of fun amongst little ones. In the meantime, set up traditional games such as this tin can toss.
- Garden Games Tin Can Alley features 10 x individually numbered real metal cans with white numerals
7. Party favours.
Remember this special day by giving out keepsakes for party favours. Perhaps a bucket and spade for the kids, so that they have something to take on their next visit to the beach? For the big kids, hand out scrumptious sticks of rock.
- Environmental Material: Made of ABS & PPE material, environmental protection and without pollution, also lightweight can easy to be carried by Kids.